50-2-118. Powers and duties of local health officers. In order to carry out the purpose of the public health system, in collaboration with federal, state, and local partners, local health officers or their authorized representatives shall:
(1) make inspections for conditions of public health importance and issue written orders for compliance or for correction, destruction, or removal of the condition;
(2) take steps to limit contact between people in order to protect the public health from imminent threats, including but not limited to ordering the closure of buildings or facilities where people congregate and canceling events;
(3) report communicable diseases to the department as required by rule;
(4) establish and maintain quarantine and isolation measures as adopted by the local board of health; and
(5) pursue action with the appropriate court if this chapter or rules adopted by the local board or department under this chapter are violated.