50-5-204. Issuance and renewal of licenses -- inspections. (1) After receipt of a new application and notice that the facility is ready to be inspected, the department or its authorized agent shall conduct an initial inspection of the facility within 45 days.
(2) After receipt of an application for renewal of a license, the department or its authorized agent shall inspect the facility without prior notice to the operator or staff.
(3) If the department determines that the facility meets minimum standards and the proposed or existing staff is qualified, the department shall issue a license for a period of 1 to 3 years in duration.
(4) If minimum standards are not met, the department may issue a provisional license for less than 1 year if operation will not result in undue hazard to patients or residents or if the demand for accommodations offered is not met in the community.
(5) The minimum standards that home health agencies must meet in order to be licensed must be as outlined in 42 U.S.C. 1395x(o), as amended, and in rules implementing it that add minimum standards.
(6) The department may inspect a licensed health care facility whenever it considers it necessary. The entire premises of a licensed facility must be open to inspection, and access to all records must be granted at all reasonable times.