50-5-1103. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Administrator" means a person who is licensed as a nursing home administrator under Title 37, chapter 9, and who administers, manages, or supervises a long-term care facility.
(2) "Authorized representative" means:
(a) a person who has a general power of attorney for a resident;
(b) a person appointed by a court to manage the personal or financial affairs of a resident;
(c) a representative payee;
(d) a resident's next of kin; or
(e) a sponsoring agency.
(3) "Department" means the department of public health and human services provided for in 2-15-2201.
(4) "Facility" or "long-term care facility" means a facility or part of a facility licensed under Title 50, chapter 5, to provide skilled nursing care, intermediate nursing care, or personal care.
(5) "Long-term care ombudsman" means the individual appointed to fulfill the requirement of 42 U.S.C. 3027(a)(12) that the state provide an advocate for residents of long-term care facilities.
(6) "Resident" means a person who lives in a long-term care facility.