50-5-1202. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Department" means the department of public health and human services provided for in 2-15-2201.
(2) "Long-term care facility" means a licensed facility that provides skilled nursing care or intermediate nursing care or that is an assisted living facility, as defined in 50-5-101.
(3) "Medical symptom" means an indication of a physical or psychological condition or of a physical or psychological need expressed by the patient.
(4) "Physician" includes an advanced practice registered nurse to the extent permitted by federal law.
(5) "Resident" means a person who lives in a long-term care facility.
(6) (a) "Safety devices" means side rails, tray tables, seatbelts, and other similar devices.
(b) The term does not include protective restraints as defined in 21 CFR 880.6760.