50-6-410. Department designation of trauma facility -- revocation of designation -- appeal. (1) In order to be designated as a trauma facility, a health care facility shall submit to the department an application, on a form specified by the department, that provides the information required by department rule.
(2) Upon receipt of a completed application for designation as a trauma facility, the department shall review the application for compliance with standards adopted by the department for designation of trauma care facilities. If the facility meets the standards adopted by the department, the department shall designate the facility as a trauma care facility, specifying the level of trauma care determined by the department to be appropriate for the facility.
(3) The department may revoke a designation as a trauma care facility if the facility no longer meets the requirements for designation or otherwise violates a department standard required to maintain designation.
(4) The department shall notify the applicant in writing of the department's decision to approve, deny, or revoke a health care facility's designation as a trauma facility.
(5) A health care facility that submitted an application pursuant to subsection (1) may appeal a department decision refusing to designate the facility, a decision designating the facility for a different level of trauma care than requested by the facility, or a decision to revoke a designation as a trauma facility. In order to appeal the decision, the health care facility shall submit a written request for a hearing to the department within 30 days after the facility receives notice of the department's decision. The hearing on the appeal must be conducted pursuant to 2-4-604.
(6) Unless the appellant agrees to an extension of time, the department shall, within 30 days of its decision in an appeal pursuant to subsection (5), serve the appellant with written findings and conclusions that form the basis for the department's decision.