50-15-103. Duties of department. The department shall:
(1) divide the state into registration districts and change districts as necessary;
(2) promulgate rules necessary to implement this chapter;
(3) administer and enforce the provisions of this chapter and rules adopted to implement this chapter;
(4) conduct training programs to promote uniformity of policy and procedures throughout the state in matters pertaining to the system of vital statistics;
(5) prescribe, furnish, and distribute forms required by this chapter or rules adopted pursuant to this chapter or prescribe other means for the transmission of data that will accomplish complete and accurate reporting and registration; and
(6) prepare and publish reports of vital statistics of this state.