Montana Code Annotated 2021



Part 3. Marriage and Adoption

Clerk To Report Decree Of Dissolution Or Declaration Of Invalidity Of Marriage

50-15-302. Clerk to report decree of dissolution or declaration of invalidity of marriage. (1) At the same time a decree of dissolution or declaration of invalidity of marriage is filed, the clerk of court shall prepare a report to the department on the form prescribed by the department. Parties to the action or their attorneys shall supply the clerk with necessary information.

(2) The report must include the:

(a) name, age, birthplace, residence, race or color, and occupation of each party;

(b) number, date, and place of any previous marriage of either party;

(c) number of children under 18 years of age in custody of either party and residing with the party;

(d) grounds for the action;

(e) number of the cause of action;

(f) county and judicial district where the action is filed; and

(g) date of judgment and the party that was granted it.

History: En. Sec. 74, Ch. 197, L. 1967; amd. Secs. 107, 110, Ch. 349, L. 1974; R.C.M. 1947, 69-4434; amd. Sec. 4, Ch. 37, L. 1979; amd. Sec. 1822, Ch. 56, L. 2009.