50-16-1003. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "AIDS" means acquired immune deficiency syndrome as further defined by the department in accordance with standards promulgated by the U.S. department of health and human services, centers for disease control and prevention.
(2) "Antiretroviral prophylaxis" means a specific drug regime preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV infections.
(3) "Contact" means a person who has been exposed to the test subject in a manner, voluntary or involuntary, that may allow HIV transmission in accordance with modes of transmission recognized by the U.S. department of health and human services, centers for disease control and prevention.
(4) "Department" means the department of public health and human services provided for in 2-15-2201.
(5) "Health care facility" means a health care institution, private or public, including but not limited to a hospital, nursing home, clinic, blood bank, blood center, sperm bank, or laboratory.
(6) "Health care provider" means a person who is licensed, certified, or otherwise authorized by the laws of this state or who is licensed, certified, or otherwise authorized by the laws of another state to provide health care in the ordinary course of business or practice of a profession. The term does not include a person who provides health care solely through the sale or dispensing of drugs or medical devices.
(7) "HIV" means the human immunodeficiency virus, identified as the causative agent of AIDS, and all HIV and HIV-related viruses that damage the cellular branch of the human immune or neurological systems and leave the infected person immunodeficient or neurologically impaired.
(8) "HIV-related condition" means a chronic disease resulting from infection with HIV, including but not limited to AIDS and asymptomatic seropositivity for HIV.
(9) "HIV diagnostic test" means a test approved by the federal food and drug administration, including but not limited to an enzyme immunoassay and a western blot, that is designed to detect the presence of HIV or antibodies to HIV.
(10) "Local board" means a county, city, city-county, or district board of health.
(11) "Person" means an individual, corporation, organization, or other legal entity.
(12) "Rapid HIV diagnostic test" means a federally approved test designed to assist in time-sensitive diagnosis of HIV infections.