50-31-305. When drug or device adulterated. A drug or device shall be deemed to be adulterated if it:
(1) consists in whole or in part of any filthy, putrid, or decomposed substance;
(2) has been produced, prepared, packed, or held under unsanitary conditions whereby it may have been contaminated with filth or rendered injurious to health;
(3) is a drug and the methods used in or the facilities or controls used for its manufacture, processing, packing, or holding do not conform to or are not operated or administered in conformity with current good manufacturing practice to assure that such drug meets the requirements of this chapter as to safety and has the identity and strength and meets the quality and purity characteristics which it purports or is represented to possess;
(4) is a drug and its container is composed in whole or in part of any poisonous or deleterious substance which may render the contents injurious to health;
(5) is a drug and it bears or contains, for purposes of coloring only, a color additive which is unsafe within the meaning of the federal act or it is a color additive, the intended use of which in or on drugs is for purposes of coloring only, and is unsafe within the meaning of the federal act;
(6) purports to be or is represented as a drug, the name of which is recognized in an official compendium, and its strength differs from or its quality or purity falls below the standard set forth in such compendium. Such determination as to strength, quality, or purity shall be made in accordance with the tests or methods of assay set forth in such compendium or, in the absence of or inadequacy of such tests or methods of assay, those prescribed under authority of the federal act. No drug defined in an official compendium shall be deemed to be adulterated under this subsection because it differs from the standard of strength, quality, or purity therefor set forth in such compendium if its difference in strength, quality, or purity from such standard is plainly stated on its label.
(7) is not subject to the provisions of subsection (6) of this section and its strength differs from or its purity or quality falls below that which it purports or is represented to possess; or
(8) is a drug and any substance has been:
(a) mixed or packed therewith so as to reduce its quality or strength; or
(b) substituted wholly or in part therefor.