50-46-326. Testing of marijuana and marijuana-infused products. (1) (a) Except as provided in subsection (1)(b), a provider or marijuana-infused products provider may not sell marijuana or marijuana-infused products until the marijuana or products have been tested by a testing laboratory or the department of agriculture and met the requirements of this section.
(b) A provider or marijuana-infused products provider who has been named as a provider by 10 or fewer registered cardholders is exempt from the testing requirements of this section until April 30, 2020.
(2) A provider or marijuana-infused products provider shall submit material that has been collected in accordance with a sampling protocol established by the state laboratory by rule. The protocol must address the division of marijuana and marijuana-infused products into batch sizes for testing. Each batch must be tested in the following categories:
(b) concentrate; and
(c) marijuana-infused product.
(3) The state laboratory shall adopt rules regarding the types of tests that must be performed to ensure product safety and consumer protection. Rules must include but are not limited to testing for:
(a) the potency of the cannabinoids present; and
(b) the presence of contaminants.
(4) The testing laboratory shall conduct a visual inspection of each batch to determine the presence of levels of foreign matter, debris, insects, and visible mold.
(5) The state laboratory shall establish by rule the acceptable levels of moisture, pesticides, residual solvents, mold, mildew, foreign matter, debris, insects, and other contaminants that marijuana-infused products may contain.
(6) The testing laboratory shall:
(a) issue a certificate of analysis certifying the test results; and
(b) report the results to the seed-to-sale tracking system established pursuant to 50-46-304.
(7) A provider or marijuana-infused products provider may request that material that has failed to pass the required tests be retested. The state laboratory shall adopt rules that provide for retesting parameters and requirements.
(8) Marijuana or a marijuana-infused product must include a label indicating whether the marijuana or marijuana-infused product has been tested.
(9) The testing standards adopted pursuant to this section may be developed by the state laboratory.