50-60-103. Administration by department. The department shall administer parts 1 through 7 and for that purpose shall:
(1) issue orders necessary to effectuate the purposes of parts 1 through 7 and enforce the orders by all appropriate administrative and judicial proceedings;
(2) enter, inspect, and examine buildings or premises necessary for the proper performance of its duties under parts 1 through 7;
(3) study the operation of the state building code, local building regulations, and other laws related to the construction of buildings to ascertain their effects upon the cost of building construction and the effectiveness of their provisions for health and safety;
(4) recommend tests or require the testing and approval of materials, devices, and methods of construction to ascertain their acceptability under the requirements of the state building code and issue certification of the acceptability;
(5) appoint experts, consultants, and technical advisers for assistance and recommendations relative to the formulation and adoption of the state building code;
(6) advise, consult, and cooperate with other agencies of the state, local governments, industries, and interested persons or groups; and
(7) consult with the building codes council, established in 50-60-115, on all rules and interpretations of building code provisions and on the checklist for the examination of single-family dwelling construction plans provided for in 50-60-118.