50-71-112. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Department" means the department of labor and industry provided for in 2-15-1701.
(2) "Employee" has the meaning provided in 39-71-118.
(3) "Employer" has the meaning provided in 39-71-117.
(4) "Health" means protection against occupational illness.
(5) "Inspection" means an onsite review of a workplace by the department to determine compliance with standards adopted under this part.
(6) "Private sector employer" means any employer that is not a public sector employer. The term includes for-profit and not-for-profit employers.
(7) (a) "Public sector employee" means an employee of a public sector employer.
(b) The term does not include a contractor.
(8) "Public sector employer" means:
(a) a state agency;
(b) each county in the state;
(c) each municipality in the state;
(d) each school district or community college; and
(e) any other political subdivision of the state.
(9) "Safety" means protection against occupational injury or death.
(10) "Safety consultation services" has the meaning provided in 39-71-1503.
(11) "Standard" means a rule adopted by the department pursuant to this part that is designed to promote or ensure safety or health in the workplace.
(12) "State agency" means any branch of government, including a department, board, commission, office, bureau, institution, university system entity, or unit of state government recognized in the state budget.
(13) "Workplace" means any site or location where an employee performs work for the employee's employer.