53-3-111. Confidentiality. (1) Except as provided in 53-2-211, personal information provided to or obtained by the department for the purposes of this chapter is confidential.
(2) Except as provided in 53-2-211 or as authorized by law, disclosure of confidential information concerning applicants for indigent assistance is restricted to purposes directly connected with the administration of programs administered by a local office of public assistance except as otherwise provided in this section.
(3) Confidential information may be released upon written consent of the applicant.
(4) Confidential information concerning an applicant may be released without prior consent if an emergency situation necessitates the release. The applicant must be informed of the release as soon as practicable.
(5) Confidential information may be released without notice or consent for the purpose of fraud investigation, collection of child support, the purposes of 53-2-211, and third-party medical recovery.
(6) Confidential information may be released if directed by a court order.