(1) "Conversion factor" means the dollar value that is multiplied by the appropriate relative value unit to calculate a price for a service provided by a physician.
(2) "Department" means the department of public health and human services.
(3) "Medicaid" means the Montana medical assistance program established under Title 53, chapter 6.
(4) "Physician" has the meaning provided in 37-3-102.
(5) "Policy adjuster" means a factor by which the fee determined under 53-6-125 is multiplied to increase the fee paid by medicaid for certain categories of services.
(6) "Relative value unit" means a numerical value assigned in the resource-based relative value scale to each procedure code used to bill for services provided by a physician.
(7) "Resource-based relative value scale" means the medicare resource-based relative value scale contained in the physician's medicare fee schedule adopted by the centers for medicare and medicaid services of the U.S. department of health and human services.