53-7-102. Powers and duties of department. The department:
(1) shall adopt rules necessary for the administration of this part. Rules adopted may include but are not limited to the provision of services, individual service plans, eligibility for services, application, service goals and design, quality of services, provider relationships, program standards, program staffing, staff training, provider accounting procedures, confidential information, recipient grievance procedures, hearings, and definitions necessary to carry out this part.
(2) may take any other action that it determines necessary or appropriate to carry out the purposes of this part;
(3) may cooperate with other departments and agencies and institutions, both public and private, in providing for vocational rehabilitation of persons with disabilities, in studying the problems involved in vocational rehabilitation, and in establishing, developing, and providing programs, facilities, and services;
(4) may conduct research and compile statistics relating to the vocational rehabilitation of persons with disabilities; and
(5) may accept and use gifts to carry out this part.