53-21-402. Powers and duties of department of public health and human services. The department of public health and human services:
(1) shall contract with nonprofit corporations which demonstrate expertise in and the capability of providing rehabilitative and restorative programs for aged citizens for the operation and management of nursing homes established under this part;
(2) shall ensure that nursing homes established and operated under this part are in compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations;
(3) shall adopt rules for staffing requirements and the admission of patients;
(4) shall provide that geriatric residents of the Montana state hospital have first priority for admission to nursing homes established under this part;
(5) may accept grants, gifts, bequests, and contributions in money or property or any other form from individuals, corporations, associations, or federal, state, and local government agencies for the purposes of establishing and operating nursing homes under this part.