53-30-503. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Corporation" means an entity organized and existing pursuant to Title 35, chapter 1 or 2, and approved or designated by a local governmental entity.
(2) "Department" means the department of corrections.
(3) "Interlocal cooperation commission" means a commission established in accordance with Title 7, chapter 11, part 2.
(4) "Local governmental entity" means:
(a) a local governmental unit;
(b) a multijurisdictional service district; or
(c) an interlocal cooperation commission.
(5) "Multijurisdictional service district" means a district established in accordance with Title 7, chapter 11, part 10.
(6) "Regional correctional facility" means a facility for the housing of persons charged with or convicted of a criminal offense that is a joint detention center and correctional facility and that is designed, constructed, or operated under this part by a local governmental entity, a corporation, the department, or any combination of a local governmental entity, a corporation, and the department.