60-5-502. Definitions. As used in this part, unless the context indicates otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Business sign" means a separately attached sign mounted on a motorist information sign panel to show the brand, symbol, trademark, or name, or combination of these, for a motorist service available on a crossroad at or near an interchange or intersection.
(2) "Crossroad" means a marked route or other public road intersecting a freeway or divided highway for which access is provided at an interchange or intersection.
(3) "Department" means the department of transportation provided for in 2-15-2501.
(4) "Franchisee" means a person awarded a franchise as provided in 60-5-505.
(5) "Motorist information sign" means a rectangular sign panel located in the same manner as other official traffic signs, readable from the main traveled way, and that is a:
(a) specific information sign; or
(b) tourist-oriented directional sign.
(6) "Motorist service" means gas, food, lodging, camping, recreation, and other tourist services.
(7) "Specific information sign" means a motorist information sign that is located on the interstate highway system and that contains:
(a) the words "GAS", "FOOD", "LODGING", or "CAMPING";
(b) directional information; and
(c) one or more individual business signs.
(8) "Tourist-oriented directional sign" means a motorist information sign located on the primary highway system to provide:
(a) business identification; and
(b) directional information for businesses, services, and activities of interest to tourists.