61-6-303. Exempt vehicles. The following vehicles and their drivers are exempt from the provisions of 61-6-301:
(1) a vehicle owned by the United States government or any state or political subdivision;
(2) an implement of husbandry or special mobile equipment that is only incidentally operated on a highway or property open to use by the public;
(3) a vehicle operated upon a highway only for the purpose of crossing the highway from one property to another;
(4) a commercial vehicle registered or proportionally registered in this and any other jurisdiction if the vehicle is covered by a motor vehicle liability insurance policy complying with the laws of another jurisdiction in which it is registered;
(5) a motorcycle or quadricycle;
(6) a vehicle moved solely by human or animal power.