61-10-123. Haystack movers. (1) A self-propelled vehicle used only for the purpose of moving haystacks on a commercial basis is subject to 61-10-121 through 61-10-127, except as provided in subsections (2) through (8).
(2) The vehicle, loaded or unloaded, may not exceed 55 feet in length or 20 feet in width.
(3) A single load may not be moved on the vehicle a distance greater than 75 miles from the point of origin on public roads.
(4) When the vehicle is hauling a load, it must be accompanied by two pilot cars. Each car must be equipped with a flashing warning light, a red flag, and a sign with the words "wide load" written on it. One car must precede the vehicle by not less than 100 yards or more than one-fourth mile, and one car must follow the vehicle at a distance not less than 100 yards or more than one-fourth mile. The following pilot car must be in radio contact with the vehicle at all times.
(5) The speed of the vehicle must be reasonable and proper but not in excess of 35 miles per hour.
(6) The vehicle may be operated only between the hours of sunrise and sunset.
(7) The vehicle may not be operated on an interstate or a controlled-access highway as defined in 61-8-102.
(8) A term or blanket permit may be issued for the vehicle.