61-11-503. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Disclose" means to engage in any practice or conduct that makes available or known, by means of any communication to another person, organization, or entity, personal information contained in a motor vehicle record.
(2) "Express consent" means an affirmative authorization given in writing by a person to whom personal information pertains that specifically allows the department to release personal information to another person, organization, or entity. Consent may be conveyed electronically if the conveyance includes an electronic signature, as defined in 30-18-102, from the person to whom the personal information pertains.
(3) "Highly restricted personal information" means an individual's photograph or image, social security number, or medical or disability information.
(4) "Motor vehicle record" means any record maintained by the department that pertains to a driver's license, commercial driver's license, driving permit, identification card, or title or registration for a motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, pole trailer, camper, motorboat, personal watercraft, sailboat, snowmobile, or off-highway vehicle.
(5) "Person" does not mean a state agency or local government entity.
(6) (a) "Personal information" means information that identifies a person, including a person's name, address, telephone number, social security number, driver's license or identification number, date of birth, photograph or image, and medical or disability information.
(b) The term does not include the five-digit zip code of an address, information on vehicular accidents, driving or equipment-related violations, a person's driver's license or vehicle registration status, or a vehicle's insurance status.
(7) "Record" includes all books, papers, photographs, photostats, cards, film, tapes, recordings, electronic data, printouts, or other documentary materials, regardless of physical form or characteristics.