69-3-604. (Temporary) Standards for determination of rates and conditions. (1) The commission shall determine the rates and conditions of the contract for the sale of electricity by a qualifying small power production facility according to the standards in subsections (2) through (6).
(2) Long-term contracts for the purchase of electricity by the utility from a qualifying small power production facility must be encouraged in order to enhance the economic feasibility of qualifying small power production facilities.
(3) The rates to be paid by a utility for electricity purchased from a qualifying small power production facility must be established with consideration of the availability and reliability of the electricity produced.
(4) The commission shall set these rates using the avoided cost over the term of the contract.
(5) Avoided cost rates may not include a bonus or adder to provide additional compensation for environmental externalities or other costs above avoided costs, except when a bonus or adder is necessary to compensate for a real and actual cost required by existing regulation or existing law.
(6) The commission may adopt rules further defining the criteria for qualifying small power production facilities, their cost-effectiveness, and other standards. (Repealed on occurrence of contingency--secs. 1, 3, Ch. 284, L. 2003--see part compiler's comment.)