69-3-1302. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Billing agent" means a telecommunications carrier that includes in a bill that it sends to a customer a charge for a product or service offered by a service provider.
(2) "Billing aggregator" means any entity, other than a service provider, that forwards the charge for a product or service offered by a service provider to a billing agent.
(3) "Customer" means a person who has purchased telecommunications services from a telecommunications carrier or who has been billed charges on a telephone bill for the services or products of another entity.
(4) "Electronic signature" has the meaning as provided in 30-18-102.
(5) "Local exchange company" means a telecommunications company that provides telephone lines or wireless service to members of the general public who are its customers.
(6) "Primary interexchange carrier" means the telecommunications carrier from which a customer chooses to purchase long-distance services.
(7) "Service provider" means any entity, other than the billing agent, that offers a product or service to a customer, the charge for which appears on the bill of a billing agent.
(8) (a) "Telecommunications carrier" or "carrier" means any provider of telecommunications services. An entity providing other products and services is considered a telecommunications carrier only to the extent that the entity is engaged in providing telecommunications services.
(b) The term does not mean aggregators of telecommunications services as defined in 47 U.S.C. 226.