69-3-1405. Licensing -- procedures -- commission rulemaking. (1) The commission shall license natural gas suppliers and enforce licensing provisions pursuant to this section.
(2) A natural gas supplier shall file an application with and obtain a license from the commission to sell natural gas to customers in the state of Montana.
(3) A licensee shall:
(a) provide copies of all license applications to the commission and to all distribution services providers; and
(b) update information and file annual reports.
(4) A license application becomes effective 30 days after filing with the commission, unless the commission rejects the application during that period. If the commission rejects a license application, the commission shall specify the reasons in writing and, if practical, shall identify alternative ways to overcome deficiencies.
(5) The commission shall promulgate rules requiring licensing information that identifies the licensee and ensures that the natural gas supply is provided as offered and is adequate in terms of quality, safety, and reliability.
(6) The commission may require proof of a licensees financial integrity and a demonstration of adequate firm deliverability to meet load requirements.
(7) Pursuant to its own investigation or upon the complaint of an affected party, the commission may institute a proceeding to revoke or suspend a license of a natural gas supplier for just cause.