72-5-602. Definitions. In this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Adult" means an individual who has attained 18 years of age.
(3) "Guardian" means a person appointed by the court to make decisions regarding the person of an adult, including a person appointed under Title 72, chapter 5, part 3.
(4) "Guardianship order" means an order appointing a guardian.
(5) "Guardianship proceeding" means a judicial proceeding in which an order for the appointment of a guardian is sought or has been issued.
(6) "Incapacitated person" means an adult for whom a guardian has been appointed.
(7) "Party" means the respondent, petitioner, guardian, conservator, or any other person allowed by the court to participate in a guardianship or protective proceeding.
(8) "Person", except in the term incapacitated person or protected person, means an individual, a corporation, a business trust, an estate, a trust, a partnership, a limited liability company, an association, a joint venture, a public corporation, a government or governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity.
(9) "Protected person" means an adult for whom a protective order has been issued.
(10) "Protective order" means an order appointing a conservator or other order related to management of an adult's property.
(11) "Protective proceeding" means a judicial proceeding in which a protective order is sought or has been issued.
(12) "Record" means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
(13) "Respondent" means an adult for whom a protective order or the appointment of a guardian is sought.
(14) "State" means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, a federally recognized Indian tribe, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.