75-2-502. Definitions. As used in this part, unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Accreditation" means a certificate issued by the department that permits a person to work in an asbestos-related occupation.
(2) "Asbestos" means asbestiform varieties of chrysotile, amosite, crocidolite, anthophyllite, tremolite, or actinolite.
(3) "Asbestos project" means the encapsulation, enclosure, removal, repair, renovation, placement in new construction, demolition of asbestos in a building or other structure, or the transportation or disposal of asbestos-containing waste. The term does not include a project that involves less than 10 square feet in surface area or 3 linear feet of pipe.
(4) "Asbestos-related occupation" means an inspector, management planner, project designer, contractor, supervisor, or worker for an asbestos project.
(5) "Department" means the department of environmental quality provided for in 2-15-3501.
(6) "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, sole proprietorship, firm, enterprise, franchise, association, state or municipal agency, political subdivision of the state, or any other entity.