75-10-221. License required -- application. (1) Except as provided in 75-10-214, a person may not dispose of solid waste or operate a solid waste management system without a license from the department.
(2) The department shall provide application forms for a license as provided in this part.
(3) The application must contain the name and business address of the applicant, the location of the proposed solid waste management system, a plan of operation and maintenance, and other information that the department may by rule require.
(4) The license provided for in this section is for a period not to exceed 12 months unless renewed by the department.
(5) The department may require submission of a new application if the department determines that the plan of operation, the management of the solid waste system, or the geological or ground water conditions have changed since the license was initially approved.
(6) In preparing rules for board adoption that establish fees for licenses and the review of applications pursuant to 75-10-104(2), the department shall consider the tonnage or volume of waste to be managed and the size of the proposed solid waste management system. The fees adopted by the board must encourage reduction in the tonnage or volume of waste to be managed and cover the costs to the department of initially reviewing and annually licensing the solid waste management system.