75-10-802. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Composting" means the controlled biological decomposition of organic matter into humus.
(2) "Department" means the department of environmental quality provided for in 2-15-3501.
(3) "Integrated waste management" means the coordinated use of a priority of waste management methods, as specified in 75-10-804.
(4) "Postconsumer material" means only those paper products generated by a consumer that have served their intended end uses and have been separated or diverted from the solid waste stream.
(5) "Recycling" means all activities involving the collection of recyclable material, including but not limited to glass, paper, or plastic; the processing of recyclables to prepare them for resale; the marketing of recovered material for use in the manufacture of similar or different products; and the purchase of products containing recycled material.
(6) "Reuse" means using a product in its original form for a purpose that is similar to or different from the purpose for which it was originally designed.
(7) "Source reduction" means the design, manufacture, purchase, or use of a material or product, including packaging, to reduce its amount or toxicity before it enters the solid waste stream.
(8) "Special waste" means solid waste that has unique handling, transportation, or disposal requirements to ensure protection of the public health, safety, and welfare and the environment.
(9) "Waste reduction" means practices that decrease the weight, volume, or toxicity of material entering the solid waste management stream.