75-11-210. Licensing -- interim licenses -- regular licenses. (1) An installer may not install or close an underground storage tank system unless that person has a valid license issued by the department.
(2) The department shall grant an installer a regular license if the installer demonstrates competency and experience in the installation and closure of underground storage tank systems, passes a written examination conducted by the department, and pays the license fee established by department rule.
(3) The department shall conduct written examinations for the purpose of qualifying individuals to receive an underground storage tank system installer license. The department shall determine the times and locations of the examinations and shall provide public notice of the examinations.
(4) An underground storage tank system installer license is valid for a period not to exceed 3 years and is subject to periodic renewal as prescribed by department rule.
(5) As a condition of renewal, the department may require that an installer demonstrate continuing competency in the installation and closure of tank systems.
(6) An installer need not be a Montana resident to qualify for a license.