75-11-213. Inspection of installations and closures -- fee. (1) After being issued a permit, an owner or operator may obtain an inspection by the department in lieu of obtaining the services of a licensed installer. The owner or operator shall provide timely notice to the department of the date and location of the underground storage tank system installation or closure and shall establish with the department the time when an inspection may be conducted.
(2) An owner or operator may conduct an installation or closure under this section only if an inspector is present.
(3) An inspection fee must be paid by the owner or operator to the department to cover the costs associated with an inspection. The inspection is not considered complete until the owner or operator pays the fee.
(4) Department officials or local government officers, such as local health officers, sanitarians, local fire chiefs, or other persons designated or hired by the department, shall conduct inspections on behalf of the department.
(5) The department shall pay the person conducting an inspection on the department's behalf, as provided in subsection (4), from the underground storage tank system license and permit account established in 75-11-227 up to 80% of any fee collected by the department for the inspection. When an inspection is conducted by an officer of a county or city, the payment must be made by the department to the appropriate county or city treasurer. A county or city shall use payments received under this section only for costs incurred in conducting inspections under this section.
(6) A copy of an installation inspection report must be kept on file by the owner or operator for as long as the department may require by rule. A copy of a closure inspection report must be kept by the owner or operator for 3 years after the date of closure.
(7) The department may enter and inspect the premises or any appurtenant property of an owner or operator at any time to ensure compliance with laws or rules pertaining to underground storage tank systems.