75-20-1001. Geothermal exploration -- notification of department. The department shall adopt rules requiring every person who proposes to gather geological data by boring of test holes or other underground exploration, investigation, or experimentation related to the possible future development of a facility employing geothermal resources to comply with the following requirements:
(1) notify the department of the proposed action;
(2) submit to the department a description of the area involved;
(3) submit to the department a statement of the proposed activities to be conducted and the methods to be utilized;
(4) submit to the department geological data reports at such times as may be required by the rules; and
(5) submit such other information as the department may require in the rules.