76-1-103. Definitions. As used in this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "City" includes incorporated cities and towns.
(2) "City council" means the chief legislative body of a city or incorporated town.
(3) "Governing body" or "governing bodies" means the governing body of any governmental unit represented on a planning board.
(4) "Growth policy" means a comprehensive development plan, master plan, or comprehensive plan that was adopted pursuant to this chapter before October 1, 1999, or a policy that was adopted pursuant to this chapter on or after October 1, 1999.
(5) "Land use management techniques and incentives" include but are not limited to zoning regulations, subdivision regulations, and market incentives.
(6) "Market incentives" may include but are not limited to an expedited subdivision review process authorized by 76-3-609, reductions in parking requirements, and a sliding scale of development review fees.
(7) "Mayor" means mayor of a city.
(8) "Neighborhood plan" means a plan for a geographic area within the boundaries of the jurisdictional area that addresses one or more of the elements of the growth policy in more detail.
(9) "Person" means any individual, firm, or corporation.
(10) "Planning board" means a city planning board, a county planning board, or a joint city-county planning board.
(11) "Plat" means a subdivision of land into lots, streets, and areas, marked on a map or plan, and includes replats or amended plats.
(12) "Public place" means any tract owned by the state or its subdivisions.
(13) "Streets" includes streets, avenues, boulevards, roads, lanes, alleys, and all public ways.
(14) "Utility" means any facility used in rendering service that the public has a right to demand.