76-5-406. Criteria to be considered in connection with variance request. In passing upon the application, the department or the responsible political subdivision shall consider in accordance with the minimum standards established by the department:
(1) the danger to life and property by water that may be backed up or diverted by the obstruction or use;
(2) the danger that the obstruction or use will be swept downstream to the injury of others;
(3) the availability of alternate locations;
(4) the construction or alteration of the obstruction or use in such a manner as to lessen the danger;
(5) the permanence of the obstruction or use;
(6) the anticipated development in the foreseeable future of the area that may be affected by the obstruction or use; and
(7) other factors in harmony with the purpose of parts 1 through 4 of this chapter.