76-17-103. (Temporary) Montana public land access network account. (1) There is a Montana public land access network account to the credit of the department in the state special revenue fund established in 17-2-102. Money deposited in the account is statutorily appropriated, as provided in 17-7-502, and may be used only for the purposes of this part.
(2) The following funds must be deposited in the account:
(a) money received pursuant to 76-17-102 or from any other source for the purposes of this part; and
(b) any interest or income earned on the account.
(3) The department shall make disbursements from the account for access project grants that are approved by the board pursuant to 76-17-104.
(4) An amount that equals up to 10% of the grants awarded pursuant to this part in each fiscal year may be used by the department for administrative purposes. In addition, during the first 5 years of the grant program, the department may use up to 5% of the funds in the account each year to advertise the Montana public land access network. After that, the department may use up to 2% of the funds in the account each year for advertising. All administrative costs paid from the account must be approved by the board.
(5) Any unspent or unencumbered money in the account at the end of a fiscal year must remain in the account.
(6) Any unspent or unencumbered money in the account on June 30, 2027, must be transferred to a state special revenue account to the credit of the department and used to secure public access to public land for which there is no other legal public access or to enhance existing access to public land. (Terminates June 30, 2027--sec. 10, Ch. 374, L. 2017.)