80-11-304. Powers of the committee. The committee may:
(1) provide, through the department of agriculture, for the administration and enforcement of this part;
(2) enter into contracts in the name of the committee;
(3) authorize the purchase of all office equipment or supplies and incur all other reasonable and necessary expenses and obligations required to carry out the provisions of this part;
(4) become a member of and purchase membership in trade organizations and subscribe to and purchase trade bulletins, journals, and other trade publications;
(5) plan and conduct a research program to improve the quality of alfalfa seed, develop and improve control measures for disease and pests that attack alfalfa and alfalfa seed pollinators, improve alfalfa growing culture, disseminate information among the growers and dealers of the state, financially support the alfalfa leaf-cutting bee program provided for in Title 80, chapter 6, part 11, and enter into research contracts and other agreements as necessary;
(6) plan and conduct a publicity and sales promotion campaign to increase the sale and use of Montana alfalfa seed and enter into publicity and sales promotion contracts and other agreements as necessary;
(7) in cooperation with the director of the department of agriculture, establish and maintain the executive offices of the committee at any location in the state. The location may be changed at the discretion of the director and the committee.
(8) recommend rules and orders to be adopted for the exercise of its power and the performance of its duties, in accordance with the Montana Administrative Procedure Act;
(9) cooperate with any local, state, or national organization or agency, whether voluntary or created by the law of any state or the United States government, engaged in work or activities similar to the work and activities of the committee and enter into contracts or agreements with the organizations or agencies for carrying on a joint campaign of research, education, product protection, publicity, and reciprocal enforcement of these objectives; and
(10) accept grants, donations, and gifts from any source for expenditure for any purpose consistent with Title 80, chapter 6, part 11, or this part, including a purpose specified as a condition of a grant, donation, or gift.