81-1-101. Definitions. Unless the context requires otherwise, in Title 81, the following definitions apply:
(1) (a) "Bison" means domestic bison or feral bison.
(b) The term does not include:
(i) wild buffalo or wild bison; or
(ii) for the purposes of chapter 9, buffalo.
(2) "Board" means the board of livestock provided for in 2-15-3102, except as provided in Title 81, chapter 23.
(3) "Department" means the department of livestock provided for in Title 2, chapter 15, part 31.
(4) "Domestic bison" means a bison owned by a person.
(5) "Feral bison" means a domestic bison or progeny of a domestic bison that has escaped or been released from captivity and is running at large and unrestrained on public or private land.
(6) "Wild buffalo" or "wild bison" means a bison that has not been reduced to captivity and is not owned by a person.