81-1-113. (Temporary) Livestock loss reduction restricted account. (1) There is an account in the state special revenue fund established by 17-2-102 to be known as the livestock loss reduction restricted special revenue account. The account is administered by the department.
(2) Except as provided in subsection (6), the money transferred to the account is restricted to the purposes of reducing predation on livestock by wolves and grizzly bears and reducing expenses incurred by livestock owners, including but not limited to veterinary bills, caused by wolves and grizzly bears.
(3) Money received by the state in the form of gifts, grants, reimbursements, or allocations from any source intended to be used for either or both of the purposes of subsection (2) must be deposited in the account provided for in subsection (1).
(4) Money in the account is statutorily appropriated, as provided in 17-7-502, to the department for carrying out the purposes of this section.
(5) Except as provided in subsection (6), to reduce predation of livestock, the livestock loss board:
(a) shall use at least half of the money transferred into the account pursuant to subsection (2) on nonlethal, preventative measures; and
(b) may use half of the money transferred into the account pursuant to subsection (2) to contract with the United States department of agriculture wildlife services.
(6) Up to 10% of the money in the account may be used for administrative expenses. (Terminates June 30, 2023--sec. 8, Ch. 284, L. 2017.)