81-3-201. Definitions. Unless the context requires otherwise, in this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Deputy state stock inspector" means a person designated by the department as a deputy state stock inspector who does not receive a salary or compensation from the department.
(2) "Feedlot" means a confined livestock feeding operation where the owner or operator of the feedlot feeds livestock belonging to others for a fee.
(3) "Livestock" means a bovine animal, domestic bison, horse, mule, or ass, regardless of its age or sex.
(4) "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, firm, or entity not enumerated that is capable of owning or controlling livestock.
(5) "Specially qualified deputy stock inspector" means a deputy state stock inspector who has been certified by the department, under rules adopted pursuant to 81-3-202, as qualified to conduct an inspection for a permanent transportation permit for a saddle, work, or show horse.
(6) "State stock inspector" means an employee of the department of livestock designated by the department as a state stock inspector.