81-8-231. Duties of department. The department shall:
(1) supervise and regulate livestock markets and livestock dealers in this state and periodically audit the records of those markets and dealers;
(2) regulate the properties, facilities, operations, services, and practices of all livestock markets and livestock dealers;
(3) supervise and regulate livestock markets in all matters affecting the relationship between the livestock market and owners of livestock and between the livestock market and purchasers of livestock;
(4) prescribe, by general order or otherwise, rules in conformity with this part applicable to all livestock markets or livestock dealers and not in conflict with the laws of the United States or regulations of the United States department of agriculture or other federal agencies;
(5) enforce this part and adopt rules necessary to carry out this part.