82-10-502. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Agricultural production" means the production of any growing grass, crops, or trees attached to the surface of the land or farm animals with commercial value.
(2) "Lost land value" means the value of the highest and best reasonably available use of the land directly utilized by oil and gas operations and production, other than uses appurtenant to the mineral estate.
(3) "Oil and gas developer or operator" means the person who acquires the oil and gas lease for the purpose of extracting oil and gas.
(4) "Oil and gas estate" means an estate in or ownership of all or part of the oil and gas underlying a specified tract of land.
(5) "Oil and gas operations" means the exploration for or drilling of an oil and gas well that requires entry upon the surface estate and is begun subsequent to June 1, 1981, and the production operations directly related to the exploration or drilling.
(6) "Reasonably available use" means the present use or a future use for which a permit, if necessary, has been issued under applicable law.
(7) "Surface owner" means the person who holds record title to or has a purchaser's interest in the surface of the land.