87-1-221. Acquisition, importation, and propagation of fish and game -- waterfowl food. The department may:
(1) acquire by gift, purchase, capture, or otherwise any fish, game, game birds, or animals for propagation, experimental, or scientific purposes;
(2) provide for the importation of game birds and game and fur-bearing animals and for the protection, propagation, and distribution of imported or native birds and animals;
(3) use fish and game funds necessary for the construction, maintenance, operation, upkeep, and repair of fish hatcheries or other property or means and appliances for the protection and propagation of fish, game and fur-bearing animals, or game or nongame birds;
(4) appropriate money from the funds at its disposal for the extermination or eradication of predatory animals that destroy fish, game or fur-bearing animals, or game or nongame birds;
(5) spend fish and game funds necessary to introduce and propagate wild waterfowl food and for that purpose may secure expert advice as to what kinds of waterfowl foods are adapted to the climate, soil, and waters of this state.