(1) assist the state and local governments in identifying, protecting, and promoting heritage and cultural tourism resources;
(2) further support local preservation programs and encourage participation in the Montana historical society Montana-certified local government program, provided for in 90-1-168;
(3) enhance the ability of localities and agencies to exhibit and advertise the heritage and cultural tourism resources of the state;
(4) stimulate business investment, assist in retaining existing small businesses, and promote new businesses related to heritage and cultural tourism;
(5) strengthen the local tax base;
(6) create employment opportunities for the people of the state; and
(7) generally enhance the economic viability of communities and regions of the state.