10-4-310. (Temporary) 9-1-1 GIS mapping account created -- source of funding -- use of account. (1) There is an account in the state special revenue fund to be known as the 9-1-1 GIS mapping fund.
(2) There must be deposited in the account:
(a) money received from legislative allocations and from transfers made in accordance with 10-4-304(5); and
(b) any gift, donation, grant, legacy, bequest, or devise made for the purposes of subsection (3).
(3) The account may be used only by the state library provided for in 22-1-102 in carrying out its coordination and management responsibilities to collect, maintain, and disseminate GIS land information in the state as it pertains to supporting public safety answering points on the ongoing assessment and improvement of next-generation 9-1-1 GIS data sets.
(4) Before September 1 of each even-numbered year, the state library shall produce a report summarizing the status of GIS readiness in Montana as it pertains to next-generation 9-1-1 GIS, including policy and funding recommendations necessary to advance next-generation 9-1-1 systems. The state library shall provide the report in accordance with 5-11-210 to the energy and telecommunications interim committee provided for in 5-5-230.
(5) Funds in the account are statutorily appropriated to the state library as provided in 17-7-502.
(6) At the end of fiscal year 2031, any unexpended balance in the account must be transferred to the account established in accordance with 10-4-304(1). (Terminates July 1, 2031--sec. 8, Ch. 200, L. 2021.)