15-65-101. Definitions. For purposes of this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Accommodation charge" means the fee charged by the owner or operator of a facility for use of the facility for lodging, including bath house facilities, but excluding charges for meals, transportation, entertainment, or any other similar charges.
(2) (a) "Campground" means a place, publicly or privately owned, used for public camping where persons may camp, secure tents, or park individual recreational vehicles for camping and sleeping purposes.
(b) The term does not include that portion of a trailer court, trailer park, or mobile home park intended for occupancy by trailers or mobile homes for resident dwelling purposes for periods of 30 consecutive days or more.
(3) "Council" means the tourism advisory council established in 2-15-1816.
(4) (a) "Facility" means a building containing individual sleeping rooms or suites, providing overnight lodging facilities for periods of less than 30 days to the general public for compensation. The term includes a facility represented to the public as a hotel, motel, campground, resort, dormitory, condominium inn, dude ranch, guest ranch, hostel, public lodginghouse, or bed and breakfast facility.
(b) The term does not include any health care facility, as defined in 50-5-101, or any facility owned by a corporation organized under Title 35, chapter 2 or 3, that is used primarily by persons under the age of 18 years for camping purposes, any hotel, motel, hostel, public lodginghouse, or bed and breakfast facility whose average daily accommodation charge for single occupancy does not exceed 60% of the amount authorized under 2-18-501 for the actual cost of lodging for travel within the state of Montana, or any other facility that is rented solely on a monthly basis or for a period of 30 days or more.
(5) "Indian tourism region" includes the area recognized as being historically associated with the seven federally recognized reservations in Montana and the Little Shell Chippewa tribe.
(6) "Nonprofit convention and visitors bureau" means a nonprofit corporation organized under Montana law and recognized by a majority of the governing body in the city, consolidated city-county, resort area, or resort area district in which the bureau is located.
(7) "Regional nonprofit tourism corporation" means a nonprofit corporation organized under Montana law and recognized by the council as the entity for promoting tourism within one of several regions established by executive order of the governor.
(8) "Resort area" means an area established pursuant to 7-6-1508.
(9) "Resort area district" has the meaning provided in 7-6-1501.