19-17-112. Filing required reports -- limitations. (1) The chief or designated official of each fire company that claims eligibility under this chapter shall, on or before September 1 of each year, file with the board an annual certificate, the current year's roster, and a membership card for each new member.
(2) (a) The annual certificate is a form reporting a fire company's membership eligibility for the previous fiscal year.
(b) The annual certificate must be completed on a form prescribed by the board and contain the date of organization of the fire company and the full name and date of birth of each member of the fire company who was a member for the entire fiscal year and who successfully completed 30 hours of training during the preceding fiscal year, as required by 19-17-108.
(d) The board shall maintain the certificate for the purpose of establishing service for members and eligibility for benefits.
(3) The roster must be signed by the fire chief or designated official, filed with the board, and contain information in writing that provides the names of the fire company, its date of organization, officers, and roll of active and inactive members for the current fiscal year. A roster may be updated to report new members but may not be retroactive.
(4) A membership form must be completed and filed with the board for each member who was a member on or before July 1, 2011, and for each new member who joins after July 1, 2011.
(5) The current fire chief shall file any late or amended annual certificates and the associated certified training records within 3 years of the original annual certificate due date. An annual certificate may be amended only once. The board shall consider and may approve late filings. Information provided to the board by the fire chief must be in accordance with the board's rules.
(6) The current fire chief may request to appear before the board for consideration of the request to file a late or amended annual certificate.