22-3-421. Definitions. As used in this part, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Affected property owner" means a person or entity whose real property will be physically affected by the activity of an applicant or whose real property is proposed for incorporation into a historic district proposed as eligible for listing in the National Register of Historic Places.
(2) "Antiquities permit" means the permit granted for excavation, removal, or restoration of heritage properties or paleontological remains provided for in 22-3-432.
(3) "Applicant" means a person who applies to a governmental entity, including a federal, state, or local governmental entity, for a permit, license, or lease on property owned by the governmental entity.
(4) "Heritage property" means any district, site, building, structure, or object located upon or beneath the earth or under water that is significant in American history, architecture, archaeology, or culture.
(5) "Historic preservation office" means the office within the Montana historical society provided for in 2-15-1512.
(6) "Historic preservation officer" means the officer provided for in 2-15-1512.
(7) "Paleontological remains" means fossilized plants and animals of a geological nature found upon or beneath the earth or under water which are rare and critical to scientific research.
(8) "Preservation review board" means the board provided for in 2-15-1512.
(9) "Register" means the National Register of Historic Places, the official list of the nation's heritage properties worthy of preservation because of national, state, or local significance.
(10) "Registered property" means any heritage property listed in the register.
(11) "State agency" means any executive agency of the state of Montana.