23-7-201. State lottery and sports wagering commission -- allocation -- composition -- compensation -- quorum. (1) There is a state lottery and sports wagering commission.
(2) The commission consists of five members, who shall reside in Montana, appointed by the governor.
(3) At least one commissioner must have 5 years of experience as a law enforcement officer. At least one commissioner must be an attorney admitted to the practice of law in Montana. At least one commissioner must be a certified public accountant licensed in Montana.
(4) After initial appointments, each commissioner must be appointed to a 4-year term of office, and the terms must be staggered.
(5) A commissioner may be removed by the governor for good cause. An office that for any reason becomes vacant must be filled within 30 days by the governor, and the commissioner filling the vacancy shall serve for the rest of the unexpired term.
(6) The commission shall elect one of its members as presiding officer.
(7) Three or more commissioners constitute a quorum to do business, and action may be taken by a majority of a quorum.
(8) Commissioners are entitled to compensation, to be paid out of the state lottery fund, at the rate of $50 for each day in which they are engaged in the performance of their duties and are entitled to travel, meals, and lodging expenses, to be paid out of the state lottery fund, as provided for in Title 2, chapter 18, part 5.
(9) The commission is allocated to the department of administration for administrative purposes only as prescribed in 2-15-121.