41-5-342. Criteria for placement of youth in shelter care facilities. A youth may be placed in a shelter care facility only if:
(1) the youth and the youth's family need shelter care to address their problematic situation and it is not possible for the youth to remain at home;
(2) the youth needs to be protected from physical or emotional harm;
(3) the youth needs to be deterred or prevented from immediate repetition of troubling behavior;
(4) shelter care is necessary to assess the youth and the youth's environment;
(5) shelter care is necessary to provide adequate time for case planning and disposition; or
(6) shelter care is necessary to intervene in a crisis situation and provide intensive services or attention that might alleviate the problem and reunite the family.