41-5-343. Criteria for placement of youth in youth assessment centers. A youth may be placed in a youth assessment center only if:
(1) the youth meets the requirements for placement in shelter care;
(2) the youth has not committed an act that would be a felony offense if committed by an adult;
(3) the youth needs an alternative, staff-secured site for evaluation and assessment of the youth's need for services;
(4) the youth needs to be held accountable for the youth's actions with structured programming; and
(5) the youth meets qualifications as outlined by the placement guidelines that are determined by the department and coordinated with the guidelines used by the youth placement committees.