41-5-2002. Purpose. The purposes of this part are to:
(1) provide an alternate method of funding juvenile out-of-home placements, programs, and services;
(2) increase the ability of youth courts to respond to juvenile delinquency through early intervention and expanded community alternatives;
(3) enhance the ability of youth courts to control costs;
(4) enhance community safety, hold youth accountable, and promote the competency development of youth;
(5) use local resources for the placement of troubled youth, when appropriate and available;
(6) reduce placements in out-of-state residential facilities and programs; and
(7) use correctional facilities when appropriate.